cherry jubilee

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another day, another get well soup

Our morning started off with a bowl of Breakfast Rice, from Gluten Free Vegan. This was a really simple recipe. I've made something similar before. I did like the addition of the agave as the sweetener. It was cooked brown rice with added unsweetened rice milk, agave nectar, chopped apples, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Delicious!

For lunch we sliced up the last of the Flying Apron's House Bread, spread with peanut butter, and chopped up a cantaloupe.

For dinner, we split ways. I had an After Race Party, with Kingwood Fit. It was BBQ, brisket, sausage, chicken, with beans, potato salad, coleslaw, and sliced bread. Dessert was chocolate chip cookies. Honestly, if it weren't for the company, I would have skipped the dinner, as I'm willing to bet that everything, but the meat, came out of a package.

Jeff stayed with the kids at home, and while I had lentil stew planned, he requested another Get Well Soup. This time I added some rice noodles, since I had no bread baked. I believe we now have enough chicken left for one more meal...hmmm, not sure what that'll be.

Tomorrow will hold a lot more cooking and baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment