cherry jubilee

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, I'm a Full Time Cook!

Another experiment today, Breakfast Risotto, from Gluten-Free Vegan. Arborio rice made with water, coconut milk, cardamom and cinnamon. Added in was pineapple, mango, raisin, and walnuts.



Since I usually don't have too much time on weekdays for much more than oatmeal, I tried my hand at Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. This recipe was from Flying Apron again. They were beautiful and tasty.

While we liked the Flying Apron House Bread, I wanted to find something a bit lighter for sandwiches. I decided to try Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Homemade Wonderful Bread. It's a bag mix. It called for butter, instead I used Earth's Balance soy free spread, and eggs, instead I substituted pumpkin. What a beautiful bread! And wow, was it easy to slice!


We had it with tuna salad and diced cantaloupe. A little snag with the tuna salad came when I had failed to buy veganaise, saying I would make my own with tahini. Alas, no tahini in my fridge! Oh well, some Newman's Own Light Lime Dressing did the trick.

And for dinner, well a "meat and potatoes" night it was. We had No Meat Meatballs with Cashew Gravy. The "meat"balls were made with mushrooms and rice, and some other spices, etc. Both from Gluten-Free Vegan. I added mashed potatoes and broccoli. The recipe made an enormous amount of meatballs!

And the cashew gravy was wonderful. Jeff raved about it and Gregory ate his whole dinner without even one complaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment