cherry jubilee

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

What a fun food day at our house! We started the morning off with a piece of cinnamon sugar toast with strawberries. This is still the Bob's Red Mill mix that I'm baking. I am actually very happy that I found it for almost a $1 cheaper at HEB!


Dinner tonight was Pad Thai. Goodness have I forgotten how much I love this stuff. I made a simple stir fry with onions, carrots, and tofu and a homemade sauce. I tossed in some sprouts, and served it over rice noodles. Add ins were more sprouts, green onion, cashews and lime. The whole family LOVED this meal. (corny pun, I know)

Every year, we have chocolate fondue for Valentine's dessert. The years past have always had, not only fruit, but lots of things that Gregory can no longer eat. As you can see above, we had a plate full of fruit. Bananas, oranges, strawberries, and pineapple. No longer can we have graham crackers or pound cake, so gluten free, dairy free pretzels it was. This is definitely not an item that will hang around. While they were good, at $6.99 for 14 ounces, it's not cost effective at all.


What I thought would be the major complication, but was not at all, was the chocolate itself. I found a very simple recipe online, that I loosely followed. We used the Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips and thinned it with coconut milk. I also added a splash each of vanilla and almond extra. It was delicious!




1 comment: