cherry jubilee

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale Chowder

We tried new bread today. This was a mix from Hodgkins Mills. I subbed the eggs, once again, for pumpkin, and used rice milk. It sliced beautifully. Another plus, this mix is $1 cheaper than the Bob's Red Mill, making it almost the same price as our normal bread. That, I can take! Another nice, but not necessary thing, the yeast packet was not packaged inside the mix. That's the one thing I didn't care for with the Bob's Red Mill mix, having to dig out the yeast packet.
We had Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale Chowder for dinner. This had so many beautiful colored veggies, that I had to take a picture at the beginning!

It was very filling. I paired it with cornbread. Delicious!



1 comment:

  1. yum, yum, yum!!! I'm on my way to the kitchen to begin the sweet potato peeling, this looks sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete